Sunday, May 19, 2013

Smartphone, at last

 I can't be bothered to take a photo of my phone so I decided to Google one but it's exactly the same thing. Black and boring.

Looks like I can no longer take a dig at smartphone users anymore? You will definitely ask why although your guess is probably right. Yeah, I am finally an owner of a smartphone. My latest tech device is the Nokia Lumia 820. It looks just like the the typical smartphone you see people holding on the bus, at restaurants and in public toilets.

However, unlike the Apples and Androids, my new pet has a Windows soul (the correct term is operating system). The device runs on Windows Phone 8 and as expected, the user interface is a totally different and prettier (my opinion) face.

Since Nokia launched its range of Lumia phones about half a year back, I had already set my eyes on owning one of them. That's because an iPhone or Android-powered smartphone is too mainstream. Moreover, I have been a loyal fan of Nokia since the 8210 era. Seeing it lose out to its competitors like Samsung and Apple in the market only increases my desire to support them.

Although I am no longer using a dumb phone now, I swear that I will never ever fall into the trap of "over-using" a smartphone. Here are just several things which I dare bet I will never do with my phone.

1. Download Candy Crush and play that game.
2. Play with it even when I am standing in front of the train doors.
3. Keep looking at it while walking.
4. Talk to people while keeping my eyes glued on the screen.
5. Use it to take photos of my food. No never!
6. Make use of it in awkward situations because only timid people, which is most of us, do that.
7. Take it out to play with after meeting someone for less than a minute.

Am I a weird user? I guess so. But just because the things which I do (and don't do) with my smartphone makes me look retarded all the more proves that you people look retarded and sometimes rude as a human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...