Friday, July 22, 2011

Street soccer competition

The day has finally arrived.

My competition will be held this evening and if you are still guessing what the hell am I participating in, I shall stop torturing you and reveal it.

H2O Energy drinks. Check. Powerbar energy gels. Check. Stylish (and fashionable) adidas apparel as attire. Check. Good old unknown brand sports shoes of mine. Check. Watching lots of football videos on youtube. Check.

Yes, you guessed it (at last). I am joining a street soccer competition. There are eight teams in total split into two groups to play round-robin. The top two teams from each group will advance to the semi-finals followed by the final.

Each team consists of four players and one reserve. Every team must have at least a female member. Each match comprises of 2 five-minute halves but I don't how long is the half-time break.

I have been maintaining a strict diet for the past few weeks to keep in shape and maintain my fitness for this event. People might think that I am too taking it too seriously but I believe in no pain, no gain.

Ok, that's all for now. Hope to blog about some positive news about the competition soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...