Friday, June 22, 2012

A record set to be broken


A couple of days ago, I found out that my glorious 21-year record for not traveling overseas since birth will come to an end soon this October. The finalized list of people in my unit going for Exercise Wallaby in Australia includes my name. I will be heading to Queensland in mid-October all the way till late November, which amounts to more than forty days.

I was discovered that we will be part of the FSG (Foward Support Group). Well, I don't really know what is it about but it is definitely less taxing than what my seniors did last year. FSG is something similar to logistics support so I might end up honing my storeman skills. I think the main task for us will be to tear down the area since we belong to the later frame.

All in all, although I am disappointed that my record will soon be broken, I believe that this exercise will be the peak of my NS life. It will be something that is no doubt memorable during my time in the army, if not, my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...