Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ba Zhang day

First of all, congratulations to Barcelona for upholding justice by winning the Champions League final last night. And my condolences to Manchester United and it's fans for being the losing finalists. See? I'm so diplomatic to a certain extent. If Nicholas, you think you predicted the exact score correctly, then I think I am even better because I predicted the entire exact starting formation of Man U. Hahaha! Ok, we are all winners alright?

Secondly, it is ba zhang day(dragon boat festival)today and I have just eaten one a while ago. I was actually planning to have it for lunch today but seems that nobody is selling it in school. I still remember four years ago in secondary two, I was still making them during Chinese lesson. Everyone was just playing around and having fun. I pity those who had forked out money to buy the ingredients but it was all wasted

Today during lab lesson, I was apparently mistaken as a China man(or boy)by the teacher and she had only realized it today after so many weeks that I am a Singaporean. It is somehow all because of Zhiteng, the real China man. Here was how the casual conversation went when the teacher passed by our seats

Teacher: ni men liang ge shi zhu zai yi qi de ma?(are you two staying together?)
Raymond(thinking that it's a odd question): no lah
Teacher: oh, na ni men shi gen zhe li de qing qi zhu ma?(so you all are staying with relatives here?)
Zhiteng: errhh, shi de(erhh yes)
Raymond(wondering if his parents are considered realtives): oh yes
Teacher: na ni men lai xin jia po duo jiu le ah?(how long have you all been in singapore?)
Raymond(finally understands why she asked that odd question): aiyah, wo shi singaporean lah(I'm singaporean lah)
Teacher: oh sorry sorry, wo yi wei ni shi zhong guo ying wei ni men mei ci yi qi(I thought you were china cos you two always together)

It's all Zhiteng's fault and also the teacher's poor vision to differentiate between a local and a China guy. Do I really look China?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...