Sunday, May 09, 2010

Lecturers

I shall update about my school life and today's topic will be on my lecturers. I will follow how my timetable works in listing the teachers. There are seven in total including my FYP supervisor

Due to obvious reasons, real names will not be revealed to protect the identity of the person from my evil and sarcastic remarks

NVST Practical

His name is called Shortie as he is physically quite short for a grown up man. Maybe he was undernourished during his childhood days or humans will just start shrinking once they age

Yes, so basically, he takes me for practical lessons of NVST and he is short. Alright, sorry for the randomness. My perception of him is that he has many years of teaching experience which explains his white hair

Shortie may have teaching experience but he seems to be either lacking of knowledge or reluctant to educate students when they ask questions. I have to keep pressing him until he gives the solution. Imagine if he was a Maths tutor

Overall, I will say I dislike him. However, this is fate so no choice

NVST Lecture

Honestly, I do not know his real name and he doesn't know me either since the lecture is held in a lecture theatre. But there is one thing for sure, he looks like a woman from far. To be more exact, he looks like an auntie

His name shall be Auntie then. Auntie really looks auntie with his wavy hair and round face plus old-fashioned spectacles. Auntie has been telling the students that he will demostrate hacking since the first lesson. Three lessons have passed and what the hack is there? Nothing

From the way Auntie teaches, I can tell that he is more interested in doing his job than really enjoy the art of teaching. Well, aren't poly lecturers all like these?

ICD

There is this mad woman teaching me this module. She is not mentally unsound but just that most lecturers don't behave like her. Thus, her name would be Mad Woman for this post

Some mad things which Mad Woman has up her sleeves include telling students to vote for her in some contest, asking students to add her on MSN and creating a Facebook group for the module and wants everyone to join it. If you don't have an account, you must create one for the sake of this module

I added her on Facebook but have yet to join the group. I am waiting for her to ask me personally. Even she doesn't ask eventually, I can still view the content inside without joining it

She is a mother of two but is still quite hip. I believe her family is the ang moh pai type where they prefer having pancakes over fried beehoon for Sunday breakfast.
Mad Woman has a trademark, that is her black spectacles. If she doesn't wears them, I will not be able to recognise her

SSD

This lecturer likes to say that he is handsome. Something like ">insert his name< is handsome" whenever he wants to write a statement or make a comment. Every lesson you will surely get to hear him saying it for five times

Hence, his name shall be Handsome. He is a typical epic Apple fan. Owns a Macbook, iPod, iPhone and, according to the Mad Woman lecturer who knows him, an iPad.

I don't have much to elaborate on him. Just hope that he can say a few less "handsome" during lessons

WSM

Lecturer is Fillipino. G_G lor. Well almost. Luckily I have had experience talking with Fillipinos before (not referring to domestic helpers) so life was not that tough with this guy

Mr Filipino talks with a Fillipino slang. I pay more attention to what is he pronouncing than what he is explaining. By the time I understand what he said I would have missed what he was explaining about

The way he teaches is more like in secondary school where we are students dressed in uniforms seated in a classroom. He is a nice guy but needs more practice in getting students' attention

We speak differently so understanding one another is an issue occasionally. But there is one thing which can link both of us up. The upcoming presidential elections in The Philipines

CSW

CSW lecturer is an Indian woman. Nothing impressive. Nothing dull. She should try venturing into Bollywood rather than SP

FYP supervisor

Last of all is my favourite. Simple, I will just call him Monk since he is hairless (I am referring to his head). An old bird with vast experience. Has that slight tinge of slyness lurking around him when you are interacting with him. Similar to Cao Cao (just that CC has more hair)

He is always switching glasses whenever he reads something different. For example, he will put one a pair of glasses when reading from his handphone. Then when he wants to read from a paper, he will take it off and put on another one. This activity goes on until he stops reading something

Monk is quite a law-by-law person. It is politically correct to be like this as a teacher. But if I were a teacher, I will opt to to be more loose and flexible like my Ah Beng ITP Liasion Officer. We are no longer living in 1965. Oh, and I have to be with him for one whole year

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...