Thursday, February 03, 2011

bak kwa


For whatever reason, I find that this year's bak kwa tastes exceptionally good, the best among those which I have savoured in the last decade. The one in my house is always from Wu Chin Leong except for one year when we decided to waste 1 hour and queue up for Lim Chee Guan.

People say it is because I have not eaten bak kwa for a year which explains the great taste I experienced. I beg to differ because I only eat it once every year but this is the first time I am making such a comment.

Perhaps you might not know but bak kwa is (and will forever be) my favourite Chinese New Year food. I can give up on eating abalone and everything else. For me, to abstain from bak kwa is like asking Jay Chou fans do stop supporting their idol.

A couple of days ago, the idea of opening a bak kwa shop did come to my mind. Hmmm, and what other words other than my trademark "Tok Kong" label would be a suitable name?

The decor of the entire shop will be red plus gold stripes and patterns. Uniforms of all employees will be in striking red. Plastic bags will also be red in colour plus gold wordings.

Wait till I strike the 10 million Toto first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...