Thursday, March 31, 2011

observing people


After collecting stamps, looking for freebies, singing high-pitched songs and taking afternoon naps, I have yet another new hobby. That is, observing people. When I say "people", I am referring to anybody out there, not just those whom I know.

Like how China people behave on public transport, how iPhone users utilize their device like they survive on it instead of breathing in air or simply how people dress or eat.

When I see somebody, I will start thinking. His past, his background, why is he here? Sometimes, by imagining, I can end up getting some ideas/inspiration for writing articles/stories. So, I make it a habit to study people, people who live in the city.

For example, when I am strolling in a shopping mall on a weekday afternoon, I make it a point to observe the people there. Why are they shopping? What is their job? Maybe it's their day off? Or they are on night shift? Why did they choose to go there during their free time?

Sometimes, before I conclude things about a certain guy, I would end up studying another one within a minute. Even things like why is he buying a bag or why is she wearing sunglasses? My brain asks and answers on its own.

In fact, it's more of a habit than hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...