Friday, August 31, 2012

Mindef allows camera phones in camps

A long and tiring week for me has come to an end at last. Now it is time to unwind and do all the stuff which I was unable to accomplish while in camp.

Anyway, in case you don't know, camera phones will be allowed in 14 army camps from tomorrow onwards and fortunately, the one which I am posted to is in the list. This significant move by the ministry of defence will surely be reviewed within a year but in the meantime, expect a lot of talk and maybe snapping among servicemen.

There will be "green" and "red" zones to distinguish sensitive areas where the camera phones cannot be brought into. That makes me wonder if there are any lockers outside every office for people to store their smartphones. If there isn't, how can we ensure that no camera phone is in a red zone.

Also, since camera phones are not banned in camps, then why are cameras still an illegal item? Don't they perform the same function as a camera phone and has only that one function which makes it less dangerous?

I bet some people will take photos of the cookhouse food and post them on the internet for everyone to judge how good-looking or tasty it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...