Saturday, October 13, 2012

Countdown to Australia: 1 day


In exactly 24 hours' time, my glorious and honourable (at least to me) 21-year and six-month record will be broken. It is my first time going overseas, my first time taking an aeroplane, my first time being so high up in the sky. Oh yeah, I'm proud to be this sua ku.

There are many things which I won't be able to do in Singapore during this period of time. I'll have to check the US presidential election in Australia, won't be able to eat mee pok or roti prata, unless they have it there and of course, I probably don't have the chance and time to blog.

I always believed that Malaysia would definitely be the first country that I will travel to. If not, then it should be somewhere that is closer as well like Thailand or Indonesia. Australia? I swear I never thought that I would be going all the way to another continent for my first overseas trip.

Forty days is not long. I managed to survive on Pulau Tekong for 17 weeks. I am expecting to experience a culture shock upon arriving there as well as enduring awkwardness at times. But, it is the return flight on 24 November which I look forward to the most.

When I finally return to Singapore after six weeks, I reckon I will feel like a new person, continuing the script which I will be putting a pause to with effect from tomorrow morning.
See you again in six weeks! Bon voyage to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...