Monday, June 01, 2009

Butter Spaghetti

Today is just yet another ordinary day. Went to Foodcourt 4 for lunch during noon. I decided to buy from the western food stall since I have not tried it before after more than a year studying there. Ordered the chicken spaghetti in butter cream(sounds something like that)and it was marvelous man! When I placed the tray with my plate of pasta on the table, Vernon and Alice stared at it with a don't know how to describe look

It looked so delicious. The white and pure colour of the cream and spaghetti contrasts with the black plate it was lying on. The smell of the cheese was tantalizing enough to make one stop and look at it for three seconds

And when I placed the first mouthful of spaghetti into my mouth after curling them stealthily with the fork, all three of them including Zhi Teng looked at me with envy or rather jealousy. Jealous that they didn't get to savour it like kindergarten kids looking at one of their lucky friends getting to munch on something exclusive. So in short, throughout our eating session at the table, I was the centre of attention for about ten odd minutes. As I twirled my fork or shove my spoon, three pair of eyes will be watching me. I felt rather awkward but honoured too. ALice even said we(Zhiteng and I)really know how to look for good food to enjoy

Oh by the way, I think it is the best thing I ever ate in school so far in year two. The velvety butter sauce does not melt on the plate, it melts in your mouth together with the "mo-tak-teng" fragrance of the cheese. Heavenly delicacy at an earthly price. Hey why am I so exaggerating? Because it is really yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...