Monday, April 26, 2010

Smoking Film



Recently, there is a new Hong Kong movie in Singapore cinemas. It is called Love in a Puff

What I would like to talk about here is not about rating the movie (as I have yet to watch it) but the idea and concept of it

Since more than a year ago, I had already thought of producing a film about smoking being banned in indoor areas and the common places where smokers would puff

Unfortunately, Pang Ho-cheung the director was one step faster than me. He wrote Love in a Puff's script and directed the movie before I could even tell someone about my idea

I should have patented my idea a year ago. So even if someone films a movie like this, I could sue him/her for copyrights. Well, I am not so petty of course because I believe that creativity is a never-ending flow like waterfalls

I still have many ideas in my mind currently which nobody has used yet. Actually, for this smoking idea, I got my inspiration from looking at people smoking in public

Whether, it is well dressed people at Orchard Road, students at the bus stop outside SP or just a random guy/girl standing next to a dustbin in public

I admit I felt a little disappointed when I realized that there was such a movie about my idea. I think I can do a better one than Pang. The characters in the show ae rather old-school

Ok, maybe I can come up with a Singapore version one and get some smoker friends to be my cast. And we will get Marlboro to sponsor us IceBlast for the movie. Hahaha

By the way, I repeat for the upteen time, I do not smoke and smoking is bad for you physically, mentally and financially

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...