Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Fibre Optics


Yet again, Singapore's three telcos are fighting one another in a new battle. This time, the war started yesterday when new broadband plans were released by them

It was due to the new fibre optic network which will thread through the entire nation (somewhere in the future). My room already has one box which was installed few months ago waiting to be plugged in

To me, those 3-digit speeds being offered is not going to make much of a difference in my life. I don't download movies (like what you all always do), I am not really into online gaming and I prefer watching television programmes on a TV

From my knowledge, there are at least 5 operators coming up with these new plans. However, do not be stupid and subscribe to one now. Prices are expected to drop in the near future when the competition gets tense

Singtel has a $109 plan which offers 200Mbps for downloading. M1 has an astronomical 1000Mbps service that costs an astronomical $399. Only sign up for this one if you run a data centre at home

Fibre optics still looks premature as for now. It is still more practical to stick to copper currently

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...