Sunday, September 12, 2010

Animal Abuse


I have just discovered another reason why human beings are all hypocrites

I am pretty satisfied with the latest addition to my Compilation of Hypocritical Things that Humans do. In case you don't know, it is also my PhD thesis for the Human Psychology and Behaviour course which I'm taking

Anyway, this latest discovery from my research involves not only humans, but animals as well. You can argue that humans are also animals but our species are just too smart to be on par with the rest

Every now and then, you will see or hear of people ill-treating or torturing animals. Erm, I think I would need to list a couple of examples here to better illustrate things. Please continue reading if you are a sadist like me or else skip the next paragraph

Like throwing newborn puppies into a river one after another like how you throw a baseball? Or how about using a baseball bat to whack a cat's head? Maybe just taking something sharp and pierce your.....

Ok, I know most of you can't take it but don't blame me because you had a choice not to read it. What I'm trying to point out here is that there are double standards

To those girls who scream and make a big fuss when their friend posted an animal-being-abused video on Facebook and tagged them in it so that there will be lots of comments, you people are so fake

It is perfectly alright for you to KILL a mosquito with a clap of your hands. It is also absolutely acceptable for your boyfriend to smack a cockroach to DEATH because it is indirectly harassing you with its presence

So where do we draw the line? Aren't cats and dogs, mosquitoes and other insects all animals? So an animal deserves to get tortured/killed because it is not as adorable as the others?

Therefore, if your friend ever shares with you a video of a cruel owner and her pet, don't be quick to post comments like "she's a !@#$%" or "how can he do such a thing?". Unless, you swear that you are really kind to every single animal in this world

I am not saying it is right to torture animals but do take a look at yourself in the mirror before talking. That is why the smartest animal species is also the most hypocritical

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...