Sunday, October 31, 2010

Debates

Finally, another debate show will be aired on Singapore TV again come 23rd November. I am not sure how many were there before this upcoming 9th International Varsity Debate but it was five years ago that I last watched one on television.

Other than detective shows and animal documentaries, another all-time favourite genre of TV programme is debates. I still recall that when I was in Sec 2, I glued myself in front of the TV trying to catch and digest every word the debaters were speaking.

Debates are a wonderful way for you to test and display your everything-that-you've-got. I consider debates as arguments but done in a posh and elegant manner.

I had took part in numerous debates when I was back in school. Of course, there is no real winner in a debate or else it will not be called a debate. It is just a judgement of whose reaction and thinking is better.

My favourite topic of all is "Is it better to be a male or female?" I always ponder over this topic since a long time ago. I would very much like to see it being debated by a group of guys and girls where the guys are on the female side on vice versa.

It would definitely be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...