Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fake Arsenal Jersey

Photobucket
(Photobucket sucks)

Check this out! I've got an Arsenal jersey!

Yeah, I know what you are going to say. It is fake, an imitation, a mockery. Whatever, what do you expect when it was bought at the pasar malam? Who cares if it is fake, I am going to wear it out and maybe even to school. It is fake anyway so I don't see myself as a traitor to Liverpool

Speaking of which, you must be wondering why I didn't choose a Reds jersey instead? Because I didn't want to make my favourite club look stupid by wearing it

Since I am on the topic, I might as well talk about football. It's the end of the story for the 2010 World Cup qualifiers. The list of the 32 countries competing in next year's event have been confirmed. I have already set my heart on supporting Chile and New Zealand. I just love the underdogs

Although the qualifiers have ended, the animosity between national teams still exists. Like Algeria vs. Egypt and France vs. Ireland, especially the former which led to violence. Wonder if such things would happen if we qualified for the World Cup one day at the expense of Thailand? The Shin Corp-Temasek saga might be brought up again

Before I forget, Singapore and Thailand had just ended a war on Wednesday with the Lions winning 1:0. The national team never fails to break my heart, whether it is financially or psychologically. When I place a bet on them, they will lose. When I lose confidence in them and decided not to bet, they end up being the winner

Singapore currently sits in second spot of Group E, one point ahead of the Thais. Not a bad position since there are only two games remaining. I have a feeling that Singapore make it to Qatar in 2011.

They have the ability to do it, just don't break my heart again, please

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...