Friday, November 13, 2009

Why do molecules of normal haemoglobin not attract each other?

Why do molecules of normal haemoglobin not attract each other?

Seems that nobody managed to answer this question in the recent A Level Chemistry paper

Some people suggested that we will perish if that happened, others said Cambridge is trying to make them lose marks. The best answer would be the universal "I don't know"

I thought a more correct from someone was because they are no longer reacting groups hence 1 haemoglobin = 2a and 2b chains. All groups are used up in interacting with one another and hence each haemoglobin can only act as an individual molecule instead of attracting

Sounds quite logical. I wonder if it is similar to the one in Cambridge's answer sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...