Saturday, November 14, 2009

President Who

President Who visited an all-girls secondary school with some Chinese roots yesterday while on a state visit

President Who? Who are you referring to?

Ok, I mean the paramount leader of the country which has numerous emperors in the past. He is in town to attend an important forum that has been the headline of all the local newspapers for the past week

I felt rather, erm, awkward when I saw him entering the school and heard the conversation he had in a video chat with some of the school's students who were in his country for an immersion programme

The replies in brackets are my replies to him if I were one of the "lucky" students

"How are you doing there?" (Oh fine, we trust the national security here just that we will have to be careful what we eat in case there's melamine inside)

"Make sure you study hard!"(Of course we will but many of your students are also doing so in our country, hence we feel threatened by their presence and the competition involved)

"Do make new friends there"(Yeah, we have made more than enough of them here in our country already, there are bountiful amounts of your countrymen everywhere on our streets)

"Learn more about the culture"(Your culture? You mean talking loudly in public or browsing magazines for free at a shop? Or coming to a foreign country for greener pastures and complain everything about it?)

***

Alright, I am off to watch Singapore vs Thailand. The match will begin in fifteen minutes. Singapore, you better win because i have placed eight dollars on you. Please don't let me down

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...