Tuesday, August 10, 2010

NDP


My Singapore celebrated her 45th birthday last night. The party was held at the Padang aka old City hall area. It was also the venue of the first National Day Parade

Every year, NDP looks more or less the same to me but this year was different. It was way below standard considering that 27000 pairs of eyes are watching from the stands and thousands more on national TV

The marching did not look pleasant and professional. You can clearly see that a couple of arms were lifted up a couple of split seconds slower/faster than the rest. Maybe it's that couple of guys' fault, maybe it's the timer's fault, maybe it's the organizers' fault

That female platoon commander of the NPCC contingent kept moving her eyeballs when they were marching out towards Marina Bay. She was caught on camera and I saw it. NCC is definitely always the better uniform group or maybe the best

Sezari Sezali was at one of his worst moments when he was singing some songs with fellow Singapore Idol finalist, Sylvia Ratonel. If last night was the finals, Ratonel would have easily pulled off a win. Her voice obviously overpowered Sezari's trying-to-act-soft vocals

And if you did realize, the lyrics should be "We have a goal for Singapore" and not "We have a hope for Singapore". Wonder if it was sang wrongly on purpose

Oh yes, and Corrine May proved to everyone that her singing performance was pre-recorded. She opened and closed her mouth too slowly. I consider that as a failure

Last of all, I am not sure if I am correct but I think Taufik Batisah sang berseru instead of bersatu again. Yes, I think he did it again

Ok, that's all for my post-NDP commentary. See you again next year

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...