Monday, August 23, 2010

YOG football

This is it. I am going to boycott the Youth Olympic Games forever. I arrived at this decision after reading Lainhe Zaobao this morning. Our football team lost in the semi-final! And to who? To tiny little Haiti of all countries?! Ok, the senior teams of both countires are stuck at No. 100 plus place in FIFA rankings but surely the Singapore juniors are much better than their Haitian counterparts right?

I wonder what will those fans who queued up for hours to buy a ticket think when they left the stadium last night. So the final will be Haiti vs. Bolivia. These two countries won't even feature in the World Cup for the next ten years. I hope Bolivia won't end up as Singapore No. 2

There are only 6 teams at the YOG football event. Singapore had the honour to represent the entire Asia at the Olympic level for the first (and maybe last) time. And the old Jalan Besar stadium has ended up as a venue for an Olympic event as far as youths are concerned

Foreign talent cannot make it, local talent also not good enough. What to do? What am I waiting for? I'm gonna make a change. Where is the application form for the coach's job?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...