Friday, January 28, 2011

Asian Cup final preview

As a human being who has natural black hair and eats rice on a regular basis, how can not talk about the final of my continent's biggest football event? Oh yeah, I am referring to the ongoing AFC Asian Cup.

Japan and Australia are two of my favourite Asian teams (but I still love Singapore the most) and it is indeed torturing for me to predict the score with an objective and neutral view.

A goalless stalemate looks like the most probable result with the game stretching all the way to penalties. The Japanese goalkeeper, Eiji Kawashima, would turn out be the hero of the night.

I predict Australia to lose on penalties since the Japanese players have more experience in taking spot-kicks on big occasions.

And so, the Asian Cup will return to the land of the rising sun after more than six years. South Korea just have to continue "hwaiting" like what they always like to say (although I don't know what it means).

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...