Monday, January 31, 2011

Just finished typing my cover letter and resume for the job which I am applying for. I am quite certain that I will be the one who get it given my credentials (not trying show off here). It comes with a contract and I hope to join by the start of March.

Since my NS medical checkup is quite late compared to most people, I think I will not enter Mindef's holiday resort for at least the next seven months. Speaking about the medical checkup, I realized that those who went had lots of stories to tell people like me who haven't went. It's as if the checkup was more exciting than the army life which awaits them.

Some say the IQ test (or whatever you call it) is lame, there's no right or wrong answers. Others tell me that there are correct answers and you will know them at the end. Some said the blood test was terrible. Others boasted that they didn't feel anything.

Some think that the results are not accurate. Others believe that the system is screwed up. Some wonder why they are PES A when they aren't fit. Others make a big fuss when they expect to get but did not get PES A.

One thing for sure, however, is that the test is a waste of more than three hours of your life. By the way, mine is on the 18th March.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...