Monday, January 02, 2012

5 more days of BMT

Less than five days to my BMT graduation parade, the next one hundred and ten hours or so will basically be counting down and parade rehearsals for me. We have completed everything that is listed in the course excluding the final route march which amounts to a considerable distance of 24km.

Lately, I have been hearing my people saying that they are going to miss their bunk, friends and the life they led in Tekong. They conclude that they are having mixed feelings because another side of them constantly tells them that army is hell since day one.

Most people who have went through BMT will tell you that living in camp is not hell. Instead, they will tell you that living in the jungle during field camps is hell, the barracks are the mortal world while your home is heaven.

For me, I just did and tried out what I wanted to do as a recruit to ensure that I have a memorable time there. These include cheating (harmlessly), eating and living in not so hygienic conditions, getting punished for unconventional reasons and being a free-of-charge labourer.

The only thing which I regret not doing so far is visiting the medical centre or rather I should say consulting a medical officer there. I have been on status (medically unfit) thrice, all of them was issued by a private practitioner.

That is because I am quite weak at acting sick or injured. Also, I think the MOs there are quite skilled in seeing through their patients' true colours

I hope the last four days will be tranquil and enjoyable. Oh and touch wood, I do not want to visit the medical centre even if it means having a lifetime regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...