Monday, January 09, 2012

LionsXII vs Kelantan


I have been a faithful supporter of the national football team since I was young but do pardon me when it comes to this LionsXII team. I admit I do not know much about them except that it is a 100% pure Singaporean squad made up of mostly Malays.

Ok, so I'm here to give some analysis about LionsXII's first game in the Malaysia Super League which would see them welcome defending champions Kelantan at the Jalan Besar Stadium.

Wah? It's only the first match and they have to pit against last year's winner? Things do not look favourable for LionsXII after I found out that they only won once by a slender 1:0 in their pre-season matches. What's more, Singapore Pools placed them at over $3 in its odds for winning.

I cannot comment on Kelantan as I know nothing about them except that the food there is heavily influenced by Thai cuisine due to geographical reasons. However, I am sure that they will be strong opponents.

LionsXII will probably go for a 5-man midfield with captain Sharil Ishak as the attacking fulcrum. The lone forward will no doubt be Agu Casmir since the rest of the strikers are either injured or inexperienced.

No choice but to be biased here as I am a loyal Singaporean, a 2:1 win for the Singapore LionsXII will be my bold prediction for tomorrow's game.

Sundramoorthy would be so happy to see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...