Thursday, January 12, 2012

Went to Jurong Point with Teck Cheong and Nicholas today. Ate lunch there before watching the Sherlock Holmes movie. I will get to that in a moment. Anyway, it's the first time that we met up after passing out of BMT. As expected, the topics which filled our conversations are mostly related to military life.

Our post-BMT postings would be released tomorrow morning and I told Teck Cheong that I think he will end up as a medic as he possess a certain medic persona in him. As in not kind and gentle but someone who has the look to be a medic. You get what I mean right? Ok, maybe you don't.

Back to the movie. When I was younger, I used to like Sherlock Holmes as I have always been very interested in detective stories. However, this movie made me felt like I was wasting my time in the cinema. This is the first time in my life that I actually felt like dozing off while watching a film but since I had already paid $7, I had to endure.


The plot was was rather unclear and lack a sense of direction. I don't even know what is the objective of the bad guy and why is he the bad guy? Worse of all, the ending was abrupt but yet not insightful enough for people to think about it. We all concluded that watching the movie was like listening to a lecture in camp.

1.5 out of 5 stars. Catch it only if you can comprehend English that is spoken fluently in a British accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...