Tuesday, January 24, 2012

CNY Movie Review

As expected, I have been doing a lot of walking as well as erm eating for the last two days. Apart from all the house visiting and bak kwa munching, I have also watched two CNY films, We Not Naughty and Dance Dance Dragon.

I would like to elaborate more on these two local movies. We Not Naughty, I must say, is another peak for director Jack Neo after his two I Not Stupid productions.

The concept of We Not Naughty is actually similar to I Not Stupid where rebellious youngsters, parenting and spotting hidden talents make up most of the plot. Jack Neo injects a healthy balance of his usual humorous style plus heart-wrenching scenes which touch you.

There are many debatable points about society in the show for viewers to think about and reflect. There are also a number of lessons to learn after watching it, depending on how one sees them.

As for Dance Dance Dragon, it is just a feeble attempt by Mediacorp Raintree Pictures to grab a share of the CNY market. The story is extremely direct and easy to digest, suitable for those who just wanna happily laugh throughout the festive season.

Not that I am endorsing Jack Neo movies or what but I would gladly award We Not Naughty with 4.5/5 stars. Dance Dance Dragon should deserve only 2 stars. J team pawns Mediacorp this Chinese New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...