Friday, January 06, 2012

I can't POP at The Float!


I am supposed to be participating in a 24km route march right now instead of typing this. You might have guessed it. I am unfit to take part. Why? Well, I injured myself two days ago and it's for real this time.

I was rushing for time to fall in and just lost my balance while running. My body weight landed right on my left foot as I used both my hands to prevent my head from hitting the floor.

The entire process happened so quickly that by the time I looked up, I was hugging my left foot. When I first took out the boot I was wearing, there was a huge swell around the quadratus plantae muscle area, the one which you use to curl your toes.

I could not walk or even stand straight on both legs. In the end, I was wheelchaired by one of my sergeants to the medical centre to consult the MO and underwent ice therapy to heal the damaged tissues in my foot.

I have recovered quite a lot after more than 48 hours as I am able to walk normally although my foot still looks swollen. I wanted to visit the medical centre today to revoke my status and participate in the march and parade but the email reply we got from the MO was a no.

I will still be at the Marina Bay floating platform tomorrow though. However, I will be there as a civilian sitting in the grandstands instead of sweating non-stop on the field. Seems really ironic for somebody like me who has gone through so many rehearsals but can't join in the fun during the real show.

No wonder they say BMT will be a memorable experience. Too many memories for me to remember them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...