Friday, January 29, 2010

Lah



I don't know about you but recently I heard some rumours and decided to share them with you. Please do not assume that what I said is true because they are just rumours. Check out the dictionary if you don't know what a rumour is. It is something like the relationship of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie

Of course, I am not going to gossip about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. What I heard was about Singapore and.....Malaysia! After numerous attacks on churches following the saga on whether Muslims are the only ones who can use the word "Allah" for God, it has been said that Singapore is banned from using the word "lah"

Both countries speak broken English as their official language, Singapore calls it Singlish while Malaysia names it Manglish, although their governments always deny so. Now Malaysia said that the word "lah", a common word in Singlish, belongs to their language

Previously, Malaysia had claimed that food such as chilli crab and chicken rice originated from it which offended many Singaporeans

It issued the statement via a spokesman few days ago. This was what the spokesman said, according to rumours "Singapore even our language also want to snatch lah, see lah we have to resort to such move again lah, is not we want one lah"

If this is true, then Singaporeans in Malaysia like that sure liao, lah!

It's just a rumour as what I said

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...