Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Just completed the final CCNA examination of my course this afternoon. All of us felt very "light" after it ended, like a rock being extracted out of your body. Now, the only high key event left is Exercise Swiftnet (code-named) which will take place next Wednesday. Do not be deceived by the name as this is not an outfield activity. We will be, as expected, seated in a room with air-conditioning.

Today, there was a whole lot of military police or better known as MPs in my camp. If I am not wrong, they were here to learn about radio sets as they need to have knowledge about it when they participate in their outfield activity.

Saw many farmiliar faces among the few hundred MPs who arrived, they were all my platoon mates during BMT in Tekong. That includes my buddy Wei Ru who was rather enthusiastic about being a MP until he started training as one.

The cookhouse was practically flooded with soldiers during noon, the queue ended lasted all the way to outside the toilet at the back. Luckily my platoon reached there earlier when the peak came or else it might be BMT days all over again where queuing for a long time was a norm.

All in all, I have come to realize that Signals plays an important part to the army. Many soldiers of other vocations and units require knowlegde about signalling and find it neccessary to learn what we also learn.

Signals: Voice of the Battlefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...