Friday, January 20, 2012

1st week in Stagmont Camp

I am finally back at home after living in a new environment for the past 4 days. In case you don't know, I am currently undergoing training at Signal Institute in Stagmont Camp, located somewhere in Choa Chu Kang.

They, the warrant officers and sergeants there, have been emphasizing not to disclose any classified information about our time there. So, as a preventive measure, I decided not to post anything about the trainings and programmes I had participated in on this blog.

Since I am unable to talk about the classroom, I shall talk about another crucial place in the camp then, that is none other than the legendary cookhouse! Unlike the one in Pulau Tekong, the cookhouse in Stagmont Camp is managed by Singapore Food Industries.

Although SFI and NTUC Foodfare are the two commercial operators engaged by SAF to run its cookhouses, both caterers differ a lot in terms of taste and service. So far, Stagmont Camp cookhouse has been satisfactory for me during my first week.

I can see that the SFI staff there take pride in their work. Every meal is planned with creativity, cooked with sincerity and served with patience. There is always something new and unpredictable whenever I head to the cookhouse. The staff there are also generally courteous unlike the China people in Tekong.

We had a Chinese New Year celebration this morning which included running three rounds in the camp for trainees like myself followed by a speech and mandarin oranges presentation by the Chief Signal Commander, a full colonel. There was also a Cai Shen Ye (God of Fortune) at the scene played by an obese soldier.

I can't think of anything else to share that doesn't reveal any confidential and sensitive information so I shall end here.

Oh yeah, I had a hard time going home during noon because there were tons of school students flooding the bus stop and buses. Had to walk over to another road perpendicular to the one I was at to take another bus service in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...