Wednesday, January 25, 2012



I was thinking about something today. If you still recall the days where you had lick stamps and paste them on envelopes before slotting them into the post box, what a hassle and waste of 20 something cents that was. Society has since transformed and the way people communicate nowadays seems cheaper and more convenient.

What I thought of was, how can snail mail be improved? Well, snail mail will still be as snail as before but think about it, what about the part on buying stamps? You can actually save that 20 something cents if the method which I am going to share works.

Tell a relative/friend that you are going to post him a letter with your own address stated at the front of the envelope. Here's what you can do, write your own address at the front of the envelope and write his address at the back of the envelope. However, above his address, write a simple header which informs the post office that that is the place to mail to if the letter is unable to reach the recipient.

Lastly, do not lick and paste any stamps on the envelope. Tadah! There you have a letter that looks like it is supposed to be mailed to your address but because there isn't any stamp, the post office will assume that it is an invalid postage. Hence, it will post it back to the "sender" which is your relative/friend when he is the receiver in actual fact.

I am not sure if this really works. I think I will try it out soon. If you intend to do so as well, do let me know if you managed to pawn the post office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...