Saturday, January 07, 2012

Passing Out Parade

Attended the (and supposedly my) BMT graduation parade today. Because of an accident, I ended up sitting in the stands in civilian attire instead of marching on the parade ground donning my military uniform. Well, sitting up there as a spectator was not an easy feat at all. Most of the audience would agree with me.

Although it was barely nine o'clock in the morning, the sun was scorching enough to make people lift up their invitation letters as a white flag to surrender and block the sunlight at the same time. I did exactly the same thing too but only after enduring for twenty minutes.

Honestly, the parade looked a bit playful and not serious. The speed used for the field packs to be placed down was too slow. There were still a couple of movements here and there even after six seconds. I have attended quite a number of rehearsals and my experience tells me that four seconds is adequate.

Anyway, we are only just recruits so it doesn't really matter at all. Oh wait, we are now promoted to the rank of PTE! But still the same pathetic salary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...