Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ex Wallaby round-up: 3D


This entry is titled 3D not because something will pop out (not talking about The Ring) of your screen but 3D just sounds so "in". 3D here, 3D there. So I assume that anything which has a 3 should include a D too. Makes sense?

Six weeks came and went in a swift. However, I felt that the time spent wearing army fatigues in Australia was much more fulfilling than boring Singapore. I got to know more people and know them better. In short, there is no doubt many positives that made my stay there worthwhile.

Let's skip all the way to my final 2 days where I had my ETP (end of tour package). To summarize things, everything about it except the buffet meals sucks. I swear I gained a substantial amount of weight after having five buffets in a span of 36 hours. If you know me, you would know that I'm not the kind who only goes for a single round, so are Singaporeans.

At every buffet, you will get to witness authentic Singaporean style from Singaporeans when there are freebies in front of them. The Singapore style that I am referring to is not just about taking a lot but taking a lot and not considering whether you can finish everything.

It is common at every meal to see the ang moh staff giving surprised expressions while we Singaporeans take our time to overload our plates. This applies to the drinks as well, we check out all kinds of coffee and tea available and leave a mess behind.

In my opinion, the biggest and most conspicuous difference between Singapore and Australia is not the amount of obese people (although that's quite obvious too) but the customer experience which both countries provide.

In Australia, the ang mohs as well as the ang moh pai Asians will greet you with sincerity and attempt to make small talk throughout your time inside. Move over to Singapore and you'll perhaps get some China woman who will stare at you thinking that it's just another passer-by.

Singapore shoppers are more of people who walk into a shop and take something from it in exchange of money. Australia shoppers are customers who contribute to a business by purchasing a good or service from it. I don't deny that I felt a little uneasy as a customer when I first returned to Singapore.

Oh yeah, enough of all the crap, where are the pictures you might ask. I shall start spamming them from here. Hope you take some time to scroll the page down. Remember, patience is a virtue.



 ***


 Now I know where the word coward comes from. These guys started fleeing when I took out the camera.

 
Wasted 20 minutes of my life making this. I could have done something more constructive like sleeping.

Water lah, what else you thought I'd write? The sea is SO CLEAR or I LOVE the ocean?

Jellyfish. Dead. Not I kill. Its corpse looks beautiful


The resort where we lived at during ETP.

Yes yes, this is how our accomodation in camp looks like.

You can't see my eyes.

I shall call this the Australian bird hairstyle.

 Flying back to Singapore on SIA for the first time!!! Sua Ku to the max!!! I don't understand why can't they include spaces in my name

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...