Monday, June 14, 2010

14 June

There are many things to do during the two-week holiday which officially starts today

I had five books in my room which I had borrowed from the school library, none of them was read for more than ten pages in a row as I keep jumping from one book to another. I think I will read more pages for the Creative Writing for Dummies book as I need it for this blog

I also have the Men in White book about PAP which I had not touched for months. Would be a good time to explore Singapore's history during the holidays although I'm not sure if it's one-sided story. It is even thicker than my Times Chambers dictionary. There are also a bunch of financial and computer magazines in the drawers waiting for me to read them

I also have a project on hand which I believe I should do it during the holidays to maximise my time. FYP still looks stagnant due to the poor management of the "on top". Anyone who ever has real working experience should understand what does "on top" refer to. I am just a "below" who take orders and cannot interfere

Oh yeah, there's World Cup but I don't have cable TV. Who still relies on a TV when the world wide web is always there for you although it is not reliable. I just treat myself as a female or non-football fan soaking into the action and fun for a month, becoming an overnight football know-how person

And there is one thing which I had wanted to do during June since two years ago but did not had the chance and forgot to do it in 2008 and 2009 respectively. Blogging about the durian season

I think that it is an interesting topic and it will be challenging trying to take photos of those durian sellers at work. just like a reporter doing his job in Bangkok during the protests. Risky but fulfilling

Last but not least, holidays are for one to sleep longer than usual. How nice but it is only temporary

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...