Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Malaysia dissolves parliament

 Those were the days...

Oh yeah, and I really mean oh yeah. Do not start thinking of that YOG song by JJ lin. At last, after months and months of anticipating, our nearest and dearest neighbour Malaysia is going to have its 13th general election very soon. Oh yeah, Malaysia boleh!

You might not find the upcoming election very appealing if you are neither a citizen of Malaysia or a bookie in charge of Malaysian elections. But for me, the thirst of enjoying and being entertained by an election which I have knowledge in has been bothering me for almost two years since Singapore GE2011 came to an end.r

Since there is still at least a couple of years before the next general election takes place in Singapore, why not turn my attention to Malaysia, the closest and most familiar country, I thought. Plus, with the ruling party facing its toughest challenge this time, Malaysia's election is bound to be interesting.

Today, Malaysia's prime minister Najib Razak announced on live television that the 12th parliament has been dissolved. An interesting fact: Today was the day Najib assumed office as prime minister four years ago. The son of Malaysia's second PM really knows how to commemorate occasions.

Although polling day has yet to be announced, I expect the election to occur during the last week of this month. More analysis on this topic will be coming your way soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...