Saturday, April 06, 2013

Reading Dreams

For the first time ever, researchers have discovered a way to read people's dreams. A group of scientists from Japan's ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories and the Nara Institute of Science and Technology (damn, I should've just Ctrl C plus P instead of typing this out) used MRI scanners to find out what images were people seeing in their dreams.

The MRI cans were utilized to locate exactly which part of the participants' brains was active during the period we spent in slumber land. The scientists then woke up the participants and asked what images did the latter see. This process went on for another two hundred times. I envy the dreamers and pity the scientists.

The researchers claim that on subsequent attempts, they could predict what images the participants had seen with a 60 per cent accuracy. It rose to more than 70 per cent when specific items like words and books were included. However, the team stressed that there's still a long way to go before a whole dream can be examined and  understood.

So, what if we scanned the brains of certain people while they are asleep?

Barack Obama

This is the best-looking beach! Best-looking sea, best-looking sand, best-looking sun. Most importantly, beside me is Kamala Harris, the best-looking attorney general in the country.

Xi Jinping

How to fight corruption? How do I start doing it? Maybe I should eat some noodles first. Noodles are yellow. Yellow is sunflower. Sunflower represents the sun. The sun is bigger than the moon. Moon has Chang'er. Chang'er is erm, what was I fighting? America?

Shinzo Abe

More aggressive moves to drive down the yen...More aggressive moves when using Akuma in Street Fighter.

Angela Merkel

Why are there so many Cypriots running towards my house? They are holding knifes? Ahhhhhhhhh!

Anwar Ibrahim

Thank you fellow Malaysians for making me your prime minister. First thing I would like to do as PM is...

Screw Mahathir!!!

Ban Ki-moon

*Sobs sobs* I am deeply deeply deeply troubled by North Korea. Why isn't Geun-hye dongsaeng as worried as I am? My Wonder Girls are in danger! Doesn't she care for Big Bang or something?

Kristen Stewart

Dinner with Robert at romantic restaurant. Delicious fish and great wine! Is that a photographer? No, its two, four, eight of them! Damn you guys! *Picks up fork and throws it*

Wakes up. "Oh it's just a nightmare? Why wasn't Rupert Sanders a dream too?"

Justin Bieber

I hate Germans! !@#$%^&* you N@z1s for taking away my monkey! It needs me to sing him "Baby" every night before it sleeps.

David Beckham

What's there to dream? I'm everybody's dream!

Maria Sharapova

Smashing every single shot in Serena Williams' face. That's not having fun, its called revenge! Whack that bla** b****!!! *Decibel levels at an all-time high*

Raymond

Everybody will think that this post is a decent piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...