Friday, June 28, 2013

Cohesion @ Cineleisure

Most bloggers would start a long-awaited post with a "It's been a long time since the last update". I will tweak it a bit so this is how I would begin this post.

It's been a long time since I last blogged about my life, as in happenings or interesting events in my daily life. Today shall be the day I put a stop to the long chain of "life-less" blog entries. Yeah, you better read this one because nobody including myself knows when will be the next time I share about my life on this blog.

It was a good Friday to start the weekends today. My unit had a 6km run in the morning before doing static exercises which seemed to last as long as the the Hello Kitty queues. After all the physical stuff, it was book out time! Book out timing was at a record-breaking 9:30am today but we're not heading home.

Our destination? Orchard Cineleisure. If you are unfamiliar with Singapore's most popular shopping enclave, Orchard Cineleisure is behind Orchard Mandarin hotel, near to Scape Youth Park and opposite H&M. If that adds to your confusion, just know that it is the place where a slashing occurred two weeks ago.

Fortunately, all of us were safe throughout the time there. The gangsters were probably still asleep in the morning after watching unlucky Italy lose to unconvincing Spain on penalties. Anyway, my unit was having a cohesion and we booked an entire cinema hall in Cineleisure to catch the Brad Pitt-produced horror movie, World War Z.

My movie review? There are only three groups of people who should watch Uncle Pitt shaking his blonde locks. Number one. Fans of Angelina Jolie's spouse. Number two. Fans of zombie flicks. Number three. People who are a combination of one and two which probably makes them happy people before entering the hall and disappointed when exiting it.

The zombies outshone the mundane characters throughout the film. In fact, the most entertaining part for me was a scene of Pitt drinking a can of Pepsi. You would have to watch it to comprehend what I am saying. CG and sound effects were up to Hollywood-standards though.

Distributor Paramount Pictures has announced that it will be going ahead with a sequel. I am curious to find out what will be the name of it since the last letter of the English alphabet was used for the first movie. World War ZZ?

As the movie came to an end, so did our so-called cohesion where it was just a bunch of people sitting silently with eyes not looking at each other for a couple of hours. If I was the planner, a trip to somewhere rustic like Pulau Ubin or Sisters' Islands will perhaps be on the cards.


Before I end this post, let's hail the woman whose reaction to the hail became an Internet sensation this week! I can feel it. Drop, drop, drop, drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...