Thursday, December 23, 2010


I received this weird, or should I say lame, email in the inbox of my school account today. It is sent by a China boy (ah, China again?) who is a current SP student.

And judging from the title of the email, I believe I wasn't one of the intended recipients. I am a pinky Singapore citizen.

For those who don't understand Chinese, this is roughly what the content is all about. [ ] denotes my own thoughts

"Title: hi, fellow students who are studying abroad

Hi Comrades

It was not easy using special channels to find everybody's email. Let me introduce myself: SP Business IT 2013 student from Beijing, male, born in year '91, been in Singapore for 3 years plus.

Have been studying in SP for almost 9 months, life has been quite fulfilling so far except that there is a lack of the unique atmosphere when interacting with my local classmates.

I believe everybody has similar thoughts as me right? Sometimes, when I chat with Singapore students, we can't seem to talk about something interesting.

Therefore, suggesting everybody to know one another via some communication channel (best is to create a Q group, [I think it's the QQ thing china people use as MSN] mine is full, whoever creates one let me know);

I usually like to hang around in the library, those who have a mutual interest can join me to enjoy the richness of books, also I really love the piano, I believe they are many countrymen whom are like me too right? There is a piano club at the school's Sports Hall, there is a piano there, welcome all that are interested to join!

First said so much [I don't understand this line so I did a direct translation]

So, join Q:195252432, wish to contact via SMS also can: 90877972

Wishing all comrades Happy Holidays!"

How was my translation? Not bad right? Think can go be a subber right? (person who does the subtitles for a show)

Whether, it is real or not, I think I am going to reply him anyway. At least state some reasons why Singapore students are giving the cold shoulder to their China counterparts.

How should I address him? What's his damn name? Maybe just call him a kid from North Korea's only ally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...