Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Most annoying Christmas song

Recently, there was this online survey conducted by an advertising agency in Bulgaria. Apparently, it asked surveyors to pick the Christmas song which they hate the most.

As expected (I guessed it correctly), the 1984 song Last Christmas by Wham! was declared the winner with more than 28000 voters choosing it. That amounted to 19% of the votes.

Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas was the runner-up with 15% of the voting population selecting it. I agree that both songs are on par in terms of irritation.

I remember blogging about the song Last Christmas in 2009 where I stated that the lyrics are absolutely dumb. "Last Christmas, I gave you my heart. But the very next day, you gave it away. This year, to save all the tears, I'll give it to someone special"

Ok, so you had learned your lesson last year right? And you are still giving it to the wrong person every year for the past 26 years?

Traditional Christmas songs with nostalgic cliche and annoying tunes move aside. Animals are the "in" thing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...