Sunday, April 22, 2012

Big Bookshop


The Clementi branch of Big Bookshop has finally become a thing of the past when it ceased operations six days ago on 16 April. Big Bookshop has definitely cemented a place in my memory having been my first-choice whenever I needed stationery.

Since primary school or even younger, Big Bookshop has been a place which I frequent just like how avid gamers visit the LAN shop. I do not always head there for books even though I know that it is absolutely free to read them as they are not packaged.

The kind of stuff which I had ever purchased in the store varies from the average Pilot pen that smudges to assessment books and even things like rubik's cube and Beyblade.

The last item which I bought at Big Bookshop was a notebook. It happened last Sunday evening where I was one of the last few customers of the day. As I carried that familiar white plastic bag while exiting the shop, I noticed a paper on the wall which states that it will be closing down on 16 April.

Instead of feeling reluctant, I was actually quite happy. Happy that I did visited and bought something from it for one last time before it was gone for good. I still have many things at home which were once on sale in Big Bookshop. They will serve as memories for me, memories that span almost twenty years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...