Thursday, May 23, 2013

Credibility

 

It's not everyday where you get to witness a famous courtesy mascot submitting his resignation letter, albeit a rather lousy and unprofessional one, only to take back his words and claim that it is just a publicity stunt so that people like you and me will talk and write about him.

While some things can be twisted once in a while in order to generate the necessary but not essentially positive feedback, others will always be factual for a long long time. Like car prices in Singapore. Check out the epic reactions of Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez when they learnt about the cost of getting one here.

Then, there are some things which seem twisted but may appear to be straightforward after all. Just look at the inquiry into the death of Shane Todd. The American left the world under disputed conditions last year. After days of court action, Todd's parents are saying sayonara due to a loss of confidence in the investigation.

Honestly, I do not follow the inquiry. My knowledge about this news is as deep as the kids' corner of your nearest swimming complex. Then what about the City Harvest cum Kong Hee cum Sun Ho cum a whole list of people case? Neh, I am not interested in that as well. It looks too complicated for me to digest and Sun Ho is ageing.

I am more concerned to find out if Carly Rae Jepsen will sing only one song at the upcoming Social Star Awards concert in Singapore. That's because she seems to have only one song, correct me maybe? Well, I am also more interested to know if European stocks will continue diving like Luis Suarez and whether the Straits Times Index can reach a crazy all-time climax like Richard Branson on an AirAsia plane.

One thing which I really don't bother but still opt to follow is Singapore being granted permanent observer status to the Arctic Council. I think it's important, from a economical point of view, for Singapore to be concerned with the amount of ice there are in the Arctic but for me, I am more eager to know the amount I have to pay to use the ice rink at JCube.

Anyway, the world is flooded with fact and fiction. Some things like the Riemann hypothesis are claimed to be explainable by the so-called experts while others like why Yahoo chose to takeover Tumblr remains a mystery. Moral of the story, only believe in yourself.

And pen a resignation letter that looks credible. At least direct the letter to your boss and not your client. And don't be an attention-seeker like a certain lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...