Saturday, July 13, 2013

Stopping at 1000

I have a very important announcement to make. This is my 980th post and after another twenty of them, it will be The End. That's right, I have decided to quit retire depart relinquish take a break from blogging after nearly five years of my life. It was not an easy decision as I took several months before making up my mind.

Don't worry, I will leave the thank you messages you deserve, farewell writings you want to read and whatever final thoughts I have for the 1000th post. If I believe that you are entitled to be mentioned, your name and even a picture of yourself will appear in that post. You just have to wait and see.

After the 900th or so entry at the start of the year, I started asking myself if I should consider putting things to a halt when I reach the millennium mark. Or should I just stop at 9XX since I think it is enough? Maybe I should be more ambitious and aim for 1500 or 2000 instead? The more questions I asked myself, the more answers I received.

Things started to get clearer as I was getting nearer and nearer to the 1000 mark. I thought that slamming on the brakes and calling it a day after 900-odd posts was irresponsible and plain lazy. On the other hand, reaching 1500 looks like a daunting task. I would need at least another 2 to 3 years to accomplish that.

So I thought, why not just stop at 1000? Nothing more, nothing less, exactly one thousand posts on this blog. One thousand is pretty nice figure too. At least it signifies a milestone compared to 999 where something seems to be missing or 1001 where it's like "here we go all over again".

One zero zero zero. I didn't expect myself to be close to such a huge number when I first started this blog. My target was 500 which I think was already a pretty decent achievement compared to many other bloggers. I foresee the final post to be somewhere in mid-August where I will be very close to my ORD.

Will I still be involved in any writing after posting one thousand entries? Fortunately, the answer is yes since writing has always been one of my interests. I will be embarking on a not-so-new assignment which I have codenamed as Project G. Pardon me if it sounds stupid. Project G is something which I have neglected for quite some time so taking a break from blogging will allow me to focus on it.

I can't reveal any details about it yet except that it has been in limbo for more than 2 years. I look for inspiration and do some research once in a while but nothing concrete has been executed so far, not even the foundation. I have the main idea in my mind but still need lots of work to transform it into reality.

Are you trying to guess what am I up to? Nobody will ever know it until the day it is unveiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...