Saturday, November 29, 2008

The day I joined the place that changed me

29 November might be just another ordinary day to you, but it is a rather special day for me

Exactly 1 year ago today, it was my first day of work at Crimsonlogic. The place that I used to spent my time almost everyday after the O levels. Working there has been a memorable and wonderful experience for me. I believe that I came and left the place as a different person. I really learned a lot of new things there and got to understand many things that I will not get to if I had not been working there

To elaborate on the many things which I had learned, one of them is ping pong, or also named table tennis. I had not played that sport before if my failing memory does not recall so in my life. There is a table tennis table in the recreation room in the office, so sometimes during lunch I would pick up the paddle and smack some balls with my colleagues there. Speaking about my colleagues, I can say that I am the youngest male employee there among some 400 plus people in the company. The second youngest males are 2 JC graduates who are awaiting their dreadful A levels and NS.

I have got to know many new people in my life too, or should I say come across? Without them, my Facebook friendlist would have been much less now *laughing*. Since they are all older then me by at least two years, and most of them by a decade, I have more or less gained some valuable knowledge from them, there are too many to list anyway. The generation gap between them and me did not deter us from working together, in fact it worked to be rather desirable from my perception.

There is a poem which I created while working there, it goes "you get to eat, you get to drink, you get to play, and you get paid". During the Christmas season last year, vendors have gave the company lots of gifts and mostly are food like chocolates, tidbits etc. So we(the temp staffs who are also the younger ones)were gobbling all those junk food there everyday while working, in fact I think we are helping to clear out all those food since there was really loads of them. Then it was Chinese New Year, and again more gifts arrive and we have more "work" to do.

The people there are all very amiable and cheerful. Well, this is maybe because of the nature of their work as customer service officers, we pick up calls now and then and have to bear with difficult and demanding users sometimes. Also some tedious and complex problems will make some of them randomly scream in the office to distress, so that is why they keep themselves happy always in the office I think

Through my four months stint there, I had some regrets as I had not accomplished some missions of mine. Although I managed in some way or another to step into the CEO's office when he has yet to arrive in the morning(which many staff there would say is a little impossible), i did not managed to go to other departments for a walk. So during my vacation in September, I returned for another 6 weeks to do some unfinished business and because I really missed the place ad the people there. Then again, i got to know even more people there like new staffs and even people form other departments

As the time is around 11 plus in the morning now while I am typing this, I visualize myself sitting in the meeting room 365 days ago wearing the white shirt with blue stripes awaiting instructions on my first day of work. Actually there is still one thing which i regret not doing even after returning for the second time this year, that is to take some photos there. I did manage to take one on the last day of my work during the first stint on 4 April. See? I am so hardworking, I worked until the very last day of my holidays before I enter Singapore Polytechnic on 7 April for it's orientation. I am certain that I will return again, maybe as IA student this time. Actually, reflecting back on year 2008, I have spent almost half a year at there, which is really long I reckon. That's all, let's all makes better sense


This is the picture I took with the 2 Singpass systems analysts from India on my last day of work, from left, Raghu Narasimhamurthy, Raymond, Kumarpandi Senthikumar. And if you have not noticed, this is the first time I'm posting a photo which has me on this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...