Friday, November 14, 2008

Oasis in the west

In less than 24 hours, West Coast Plaza(formely known as Ginza Plaza) will be opened. Located at West Coast, of course, it is just a short distance from west coast park and the neighbourhood nearby. When it was under the name Ginza Plaza before undergoing renovation, it was not exactly the ideal shopping centre for a whole family. It is much more popular among youths as it is filled with LAN gaming shops, game shops, arcades and many other shops related to fun and enjoyment.

I still recall I bought my first(which is also the only one) Gameboy Color there at the Lee xiao Chun shop just beside the entrance, and I immediately switched it on to play the Pokemon Yellow Version in the cardrige which I bought too. I sat with my friend at the benches near the so called fountain area and played like it is the only game in the world

During secondary school days, many of the guys in my class will meet up on almost every Saturday morning there to play Warcraft. They would reach there as early as 9am in the morning as the LAN shop would have just opened for the day and it will be relatively empty.

Then there is a bakery located at 1st floor which had a Japanese name, and it's bread were all so delicious, everytime I passed by there, I would surely turn and look inside and visualize myself eating something from the shelves of bread

There will be free shuttle service to the shopping centre so I bet there will be more people going there although some people just want to take a free ride there for other purposes I know. Whether the old Ginza Plaza will be a total contrast from it's successor is still unknown, but one thing for sure, I will be going there

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...