Tuesday, February 09, 2010

9 Feb

Went to Chinatown this morning for CNY shopping. The first thing that caught my eye was neither freebies, beautiful decorations nor China women loitering there. It was a group of people, about a hundred over of them, standing behind one another, in an orderly manner. Yeah, they were all queuing up. Queuing up to buy Lim Chee Guan bak kwa

Lim Chee Guan is Singapore's most famous and popular bak kwa shop. However, if you do not have two hours of free time to spare, then you can forget about queuing up to purchase its products. I ever queued up for it during one CNY and had to endure with this guy trying to take photos of the long queue

Actually, Lim Chee Guan's taste does not really differ from the other shops in my opinion. They are all about the same to me and I don't mind eating any of them except for Fragrance (Xiang Wei) because its employees are mostly foreigners who speak with an annoying slang

Anyway, the queue was ludicrous. It lasted all the way until the MRT station. I guess those people are either too free or their hobby is queuing up. Walked around the whole Chinatown to look for some decor and saw countless of them but didn't buy a single one in the end

Most of the things which I bought were edible, no I didn't buy bak kwa either. By the way, I think I am the only youngster there because the rest of the crowd were either uncles or aunties. Never mind, I like it as I enjoy standing out of the crowd and be unique, not like some of my peers. No, it should be most of them

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...