Sunday, August 01, 2010

SEEE Soccer League

It's official! Singapore Polytechnic's School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (SEEE)'s 2010 Soccer League will kick off on 20th September and Raymond the Legend is participating in it

Fortunately or unfortunately, my team was drawn to play the opening match. We have 20 players in the squad including me, more than enough to have competition for the starting line-up. It is a 2-group round robin format where the top two sides of each group advance to the semi-finals

I don't deny that I am excited and hope to play in the first game. However, first of all, I have to work hard during training. Easier said than done because it was 17 months ago that I last kicked a ball. Skills are all rusty already (they are already rusty ever since I left secondary school)

Even before the competition starts, we already have a problem in our team. There is a lack of goalkeepers. Nobody wants to be a goalie except one guy so far. Definitely not me because of my height and phobia at catching balls directed at me with my hands

As for myself, I am also facing a problem. What should my squad number be? It is currently 15 which is my favourite number but I thought of switching it to 6  because it is an even number (Chinese superstition). I am also wondering what name should I have on my shirt. My first name or surname, or both? In full or short form?

It's a nice problem to have

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...