Saturday, July 31, 2010

I am sure that everyone from the Gen X or Gen Y batch has a favourite movie which he/she likes a lot. I pondered over what mine was and came to an inconclusive conclusion. That's the norm, my compositions in school always halt at an indecisive ending

Prior to Inception which everybody praises it after watching, I decided to pick some movies which I like most. For Mandarin films, I believe A World Without Thieves (starring Andy Lau) is the best of all. The message which the movie is trying to convey can be sensed greatly

Compared to Jack Neo's movies which try very hard to "teach" you some moral values through laughter and jokes with this year's Being Human being the epitome of morality (as it teaches you to Being Human Being?!), AWWT is simple and straightforward

Another movie which I would like to talk about is an English one. I seldom watch English movies so if I do recommend one, it's gotta be above average. And that is My Sister's Keeper

The storyline is similar to the original one from the book except for some parts. If you haven't read the book or didn't even hear about it before, just watch the movie. If you're a female, there's a 70% chance that you will cry while watching it. Lastly, the ending is superb

To be honest, I think this is my favourite movie or rather movies of all that I had watched so far in my life. It is a Japanese show. The story takes place in Japan, the actors are all Japanese, the story writer is also Japanese. It's adapted from a Japanese comic

So if you have guessed it, yes, it is Death Note. A perfect movie that just looks so perfect. It doesn't have humorous scenes which I usually look out for. The second volume is ridiculously long like Avatar but unlike the blue-alien film, every part of Death Note is crucial and thrilling

The only part which I dislike about this movie is that Light had to lose to L. I supported Light from the start of the show but the scriptwriter did not share the same view as me

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...