Friday, January 07, 2011

Breakout


Breakout will have its final episode aired later tonight. Of the recent three year-end blockbuster dramas Channel 8 has broadcasted, I think I can relate to Breakout better because I live in that generation.

The (overhyped) Little Nyonya in 2008 and 2009's Together all had settings which were a few decades before I was born. Overall, I think it is the best show among the three which all have Jeanette Aw starring in them.

The characters have depth, the actors and actresses acted with good technique and there is some humour, something which is crucial in my perspective.

Perhaps, the plot is the only thing which can be improved on. It is not strong enough, the conflicts created throughout the story are not forceful enough to bring the audience "up and down" while watching.

In a whole, it still merits a place in my list of favourite Channel 8 dramas and this list doesn't have much names either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...