Friday, January 21, 2011




I betrayed Blogspot today. I created an account at wordpress.com. As I am currently working on a self-hosted Wordpress site, I needed an API key for the Akismet plugin to be activated.

The only way to get a free API key is to sign up for a Wordpress account so I was left with no choice. But the only thing I did inisde the Wordpress admin panel was copying the API key.

Ok, I did create a Wordpress blog as well since it is required. It is rkoc.wordpress.com but there is nothing there except a beautiful background which I searched for.

However, the thought of migrating from Blogspot to Wordpress did hit me while I was in the process of creating my account. It shouldn't be hard to move all the archives over to another platform.

I reckon that I will stick with Blogspot for the time being, at least until the fourth quarter of the year. Or maybe I might just start a second blog with "wordpress" in the domain name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...