Monday, January 24, 2011

Challenger misleading advertisement


I contemplated purchasing the thumbdrive at right bottom corner of the above picture. It is a current festive offer by the Challenger store at IMM. $8 for a 4GB drive does seem like a good buy although you have to be the first 38 customers as stated.

However, I wasn't sure what does the 38 refer to. Are there only 38 thumbdrives which are selling at $8 or the first 38 customers per day get to enjoy this offer.

So I called up the Challenger store there to enquire. The guy on the other line was hardly customer-service oriented. Maybe it's because I'm not a customer or Challenger is just like Acer.

Anyway, the guy informed me that the $8 offer I was asking about was only for members. Signing up as member costs $30 for 24 months. Of course, he got scolded by me on the line for the misleading advertisement.

Luckily I called them up before heading down or else it would have been a fruitless trip. I think everybody should boycott Challenger for the false information they provided in the advertisement. They look more like challenging themselves to get more members.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...