Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Last day in SP

I would be lying if I said I am not having mixed feelings now. I feel sad and excited at the same time. When the sun rises up the next time, it would be my final day of schooling in Singapore Polytechnic.

For the last couple of days, I have been asking myself this question. Do I have enough good memories in SP to look back on after I graduate? I had lots of them from secondary school, too much that I believe I had forgotten some.

Also, this question has been popping up in my head lately, what difference will there be in my life if I had not enrolled into SP? The most obvious factor would be the people I had met/known while studying there.

So I thought, if I had not met this people and be friends with them, will there be any change in me? I think the answer would be a yes. However, whether it is a change for the better or not remains to be seen.

Throughout the six semesters, I have seen for myself what it means to be in a job for the sake of money and not passion or commitment. The lecturers there are the perfect example. They teach for the sake of it and not because they want to impart knowledge to others.

The poly life is too "computerized" and "standardized", there isn't any human touch at all. You do tests online, check your scores online and find course materials online.

When students enter a classroom for lesson with the teacher inside, the teacher acts as if there is nobody and continues to stay silent until 15 minutes had passed since the time the lesson was supposed to begin.

Back to my friends, it was nice friending, working and playing with all of you and also falling out with a few. I realized that almost everyone has fallen out with at least another person within these three years. You know, school politics.

Tomorrow will be the last day I am carrying my bag as an SP student. I have been carrying it for more than two and a half years. In fact, this is only the second bag which I use for schooling in SP, the first one was the free Acer laptop bag that lasted for three months.

I will carry it with my head held high up. Yes, I am proud to be a student of SP. Forever and a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...